Thursday, September 30, 2010

Class Session September 25, 2010 (UPDATED)

This is a NEW UPDATE! Here's a little introduction from our new team member KIM BUN ^_^ So Greatful to have you join us and WELCOME!! Here's a brief introduction from the man himself. Please welcome him to our class guys. I'm sure collectively Neak kru Naroth and Lok kru Kim will do GREAT!

Kim:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself to you guys since I will helping Naroth teach the Khmer class from now on. My name is Kimheng or Kim (whichever one you prefer, I don't mind). I was born and raised in Cambodia until I was 12. Growing up in California was challenging at first because of the language and cultural barrier, but now I’m loving it! (^_^).
Both of my parents are from Kompong Spoe province (an hour away from Phnom Penh), Cambodia. I’m actually part Chinese (if you can’t tell by my chinky eyes lol) but I only know a little bit of Chinese(Te Jiew?).

I enjoy hanging out with my family and friends, playing sport (tennis, basketball, volleyball, Sey! etc.), watching Asian drama and Anime (Naruto and Bleach). I’m a tech savvy person lol. I like gadgets that make my life easier. I’m junior in college and working on getting my degree in Computer Engineering. The reason why I want to teach is simply to keep the Khmer language alive. If most of us Cambodian American don’t know Khmer, how is our future generation going to know our language and culture? For who are interested in learning Khmer and Lao, you are welcome to join us every Saturday night @ 8PM (Pacific Time).

I also made a few Khmer lessons on YouTube with my little brother. Check it out if you have time http://www.youtube.com/user/Kime0

-Kime0

New tech acct: TechnoCambo
www.youtube.com
Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
Share

------------------------(original blog post continued)--------------------------------



Good evening class. I apologize for the late post. Anyhow, just a quick recap of this past weekends class:

Khmer Class:

Naroth was not able to make it to class due to technical difficulties. I have spoken to both her and Kime0, our new student who's actually been making Khmer lesson videos on youtube for quiet some time now, about possibly teaming up to teach the Khmer session of the class. It has been brought to my attention that the technical difficulties we encounter during the Khmer session has been somewhat of a distraction. I have proposed to Naroth and Kime0 that they work collectively in preparing lessons plans and then allow Kime0 (being that he does have more reliable internet connection) present the class on behalf of both Naroth and himself. So far, they have both agreed to work together. However, I do not know the specific details. I hope that I can get in contact with them soon so that I may report on our blog/facebook group. Thank you all for you patience. We really want to get the Khmer session up and running better than ever and I hope to see you all join us on Skype soon so that we can Rrien Pia Saa Khmer! ^_^ Also. I will be getting in contact with Kime0 so that he can write a brief introduction about himself that I can post on the KLLG facebook group and here on this blogspot just so you all are a little more acquainted with who he is and what he does. I look forward to our next Khmer session! ^_^

Lao Class:

We had a few people join us this past Saturday. The group was much smaller than usual. However, we still proceeded with class and I do apologize for any of you who missed out either because you weren't able to attend or because it wasn't brought to anyone's attention that you wanted to join the class. Please, if you join us late you are still more than welcomed to join the class. Just message one of us to add you to the conversation because sometimes, we get into the lesson and don't realize other people are on Skype as well. That's especially the case with me because I'm in between lecturing and going through slides, links, etc. so it's really hard for me to keep up. Anyhow. We had a review Lesson. The lesson prior to this past Saturday's lesson was quite challenging. Instead of moving on to new material, I taught the same class a second time to reinforce it for anyone who had any confusion about upper class and lower class tonal consonants. This coming class we will proceed with our lessons and I will introduce new material. However, if you still are not sure about any of the material previously discussed, once again please feel free to message me. I'm here to help you all ^_^ Teaching is an enjoyable and rewarding experience for me and I hope I am able to make the learning process enjoyable for you all too!

Lao Material from Last Class:





Announcements from this past Saturday's Session:

-On Saturday October 23, 2010 KLLG will be having a "Halloween Horror Session" Please join us for this SPOOKTACULAR SKYPE EVENT!


-I am currently in need of a job. I hope to get a job on the weekends soon as a friend is supposed to help me with that. If it be the case that I must work on Saturdays and Sundays I will NOT be cancelling the Lao Session. Instead, I will move Lao class to Friday nights and I hope you all will still be able to join ^_^ With that said though, it's not a definite thing. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks again guys for all the continued support and I hope we can continue to better ourselves and better our group so that we may all share a positive, enjoyable learning experience!

Much love,

Alonzo Silavong

No comments:

Post a Comment