Friday, September 17, 2010

September 11, 2010 Class

Laotian Pop Culture Revolution:


Lao Pop Song by singer Sam Intharapithak "Bork Hai Khoi Hoo" (Let Me Know)




I apologize for the late post but this entry will be a very brief recap of this past week's lesson in Lao and Khmer. We had a great class with an awesome turnout. Please, spread the word and share the knowledge guys! You guys are doing so well! I must give a special shout out to Tidus and Sonyta (sorry for putting you guys on the spot) for doing exceptionally well and showing remarkable improvement in vocabulary and reading. I am so excited that you all are learning! With that said here's what we did:

Lao Class:

We had a recap before all the classes start. It was a review session for anyone who's missed any lesson. I took any questions pertaining to the Laotian language even if it had not been previously discussed. I will try to hold more of these review sessions and I'd like to see more people participate. The review sessions are somewhat of a free-for-all. You will be able to ask any question! A few people also took the opportunity to reinforce what they've already learned just for practice. The material covered in this past week's lesson are as follows:



For the culture segment of the Lao class we briefly spoke about the growth of Pop music in Laos post Civil War. The videos have been posted at the head of this blog entry.

As for the Khmer Session we learned the titles of people in our family (i.e. mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, etc.) I am sorry but I do not have the link of the Khmer material at this time. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow night during class. If any would, please send me all the links for the Khmer material that is missing from this blog. I haven't been able to keep up with that and so far I haven't received any of these links from Naroth. If you would, anyone, please send me the links so I can post them on this blog site. Thanks!

Keep it up guys! See you tomorrow night!

-Alonzo S.


Material for tomorrow night's Lao lesson are now posted on the right! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment